“WINNING THE FUTURE” WITH WOMEN’S ACTIVISM
The 3rd of our meetings building a programme for United Left in discussion with our UL General Secretary candidate Steve Turner
SATURDAY 6 MARCH 10.30am-12pm
Via zoom – see link below
All are welcome!!
We are in a period of immense change placing huge demands on our union. COVID-19 has thrown into stark relief all the inequalities we in the trade unions know have always been there. Now they are unbearably intensified by years of “austerity” and the economic impact of Brexit and the climate emergency.
How can we win our socialist future?
Only with strong women activists as an integral part of a collective leadership, present at the bargaining table.
That leadership must work in the closest connection with members convinced that united action can transform a world of soaring injustice and inequality into its socialist opposite.
1. Kate Osborne MP – member of the Socialist Campaign Group of MPs
2. Jayne Taylor – Vice-Chair of Unite the Union
3. Sam Webster-Moore –Unite Senior Area Deputy (BMW Mini Car Plant Oxford)
4. Donna Guthrie – Unite BAEM woman activist, National Women’s Officer for BARAC-UK
4. Steve Turner – Unite AGS and United Left candidate for General Secretary
When: Mar 6, 2021 10:30 AM London
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please send any questions in advance by Friday 5 March 12 noon to firstname.lastname@example.org